Drawing for Beginners
This one day drawing class is an introduction to some fundamental principles of drawing referencing classical drawing techniques. A no-pressure class where students of all levels will be shown step by step how to draw in a relaxed and friendly environment.
In this workshop students will:
- Be introduced to some fundamental drawing concepts including composition, proportion and perspective.
- Understand the basic principles of suggesting form with line alone.
- Make use of and/or invent a light source to shade and model form.
We will start by drawing basic shapes, such as circles and squares; followed by spheres, cubes and cylinders. Having observed these shapes, we will attempt to draw them with regard to perspective and spatial relationships, and the directional fall of light. We will end by examining how more complex forms can be understood in terms of these basic shapes.
In this session we will build upon the structural exercises covered in the morning, in the context of an elementary understanding of the human form and the fleeting nature of the landscape.
- HB Pencils and /or charcoal
- Pencil sharpener
- A3 sketchbook
- Two metal bulldog clips for support
Sunday 26 April 2020
10.00 AM - 4.00 PM
Art Est. Art School (Main Studios)
Unit 4/67-69 Lords Road, Leichhardt 2040