Drawing for Beginners - From Shapes to Figures from Life
Absolutely anyone can learn to draw! In an easy to grasp step by step manner, this course systematically guides students through some of the fundamental principles of drawing. Students will start with learning to draw simple shapes and progress through to drawing the figure from life. Enjoy learning in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
- Start with drawing simple geometric shapes, and begin to learn that complex forms and objects can be can be understood in terms of these basic shapes
- learn about light and shadow (tone), perspective and form
- learn about line and the the basic principles of suggesting form with line alone.
- learn about gesture and expressing movement and action in the human form
- learn basic anatomy of the human form
- learn a variety of mark making techniques
- Being able to identify techniques and make use of Old Master drawings within a contemporary drawing practice.
- 2H pencil (please make sure the pencil is 2H as the lines must be light enough to be drawn over and erased where necessary)
- Oil based hard red chalk sanguine pencil (no chalk sticks)
- A3 sketch book
- Kneadable eraser
- Stanley knife
- Two metal bulldog clips
- Paper stump
Wednesday 24 October - 12 December 2018
6.30 PM - 9.00 PM
Art Est. Art School (Main Studios)
Unit 4/67-69 Lords Road, Leichhardt 2040
Previous student feedback:
'Dom is a knowledgeable, interested and supportive tutor. This course provides valuable pointers for anyone wishing to learn more about life drawing and the approach and techniques used by the Old Masters.'
“I've attended over half a dozen courses at Art Est - and enjoyed every one of them... The Drawing figure from life course was very good - Dom takes a structured approach to teaching and my life drawing skills showed a great improvement within the early weeks of the course. I will be doing another term (at least) with Dom!”